Tuesday, August 13, 2013

what if?

What if I told my clients that I'm self-taught? That I didn't have enough funds to attend my dream school? What if I told them that all that I know & all that I can do, I taught myself? What if I told them that I've stayed up till 5 in the morning just watching Special Effects tutorials & Face Off marathons? What if I told them that I don't have a certificate to show them? What if all I can provide was photos of my work? Will they think I don't know proper sanitation without a certificate? How do I prove that I'm professional with or without certification? How crazy would it be if a self taught make-up artist can do better than a make-up artist that paid 15k for their certificate? Crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen, I really like your work! I'm directing a zombie short film for a couple of festivals and wanted to see if your interested in doing makeup?
    My email is: nathan.colquhoun@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete